Applications are currently open until December 4, 2019
Fifty people will be selected from civil society leaders who are active in the field of gender equality, with the aim of strengthening their leadership capacity to work towards peaceful, non-marginalized communities.
This program is an opportunity to develop participants’ skills in attracting public attention, and it contributes to developing their skills as leaders, sharing knowledge, creating a new network of relationships, and experimenting with innovative and unconventional tools and methods with other participants working in similar circumstances.
Five months, online meetings are combined, three weeks of face-to-face intensive training, and the three weeks will be divided into two separate meetings in Sui. The program is divided into:
1) Online meetings (about 10 hours, dates will be announced later).
2) Multiple meetings in two weeks in Stockholm, Sweden (27 May to 7 June 2020).
3) Online meetings (about 40 hours, appointments will be announced later).
4) Multiple meetings for a week in Sweden in October 2020 (the city and times will be announced later).
Criteria for selecting participants
You can apply for the program if you meet all the following conditions:
- Work in a leadership position (formal or informal) in an organization or civil society network working for gender equality.
- Work in a participatory environment, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal).
Be between the ages of 22 and 32 (born 1987-1998).
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- You can participate in all parts of the program.
-Be willing to transfer the knowledge you gain through the program to your team, organization or other relevant actors.
Please note that we will not make any exceptions to the application requirements.
Swedish citizens working in civil society organizations can apply for the program as strategic partners. For more information, please visit: si.se/leaderlabsweden
To apply for the Swedish Leadership Institute Laboratory program and read more details, please visit this link.